Details about Fees, Insurance, and Payment options for therapy
I provide therapy to children, teenagers, adults, families and couples, using a variety of psychodynamic approaches depending on my client’s needs. Therapeutic services are delivered in person, over the phone or by tele-session via Zoom a HIPPA compliant format in 50–90-minute sessions. I offer in-home observations, attend school meetings and provide coordination of care.
My fee is $225/50 minute session. Services include but are not limited to:
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Individual Adult Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Parenting Support
- Dialectical and Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Online therapy (e-therapy, e-counseling, tele-therapy or cyber-counseling)
Workshops, Presentations, Seminars
I hold public speaking engagements and workshops that creatively address various aspects of relationships. I am passionate about the issues of Marriage & Family as well as adolescent; couples and individuals helping them heal the past and move forward with meaning, passion and purpose in life.
The Following Workshops include but are not limited to:
- The Importance of Connection in Education
- An Art Therapy Approach to Healing
- Positive Discipline and Parenting Without Power Struggles
- Building Self Confidence and Self-Esteem with Children/Teens
- Enhancing Social, Emotional & Academic Performance
A less formal, fun approach to team building, fundraisers, auctions, parent-education events and small groups
- The Power of Connection Paint and Sip
- Art Experiential Workshop. The Healing Power of the Creative Process
- Inner Work. Art Expression and Meditation/Mindfulness Practice.
- Awaken Your Inner Child. The Value of Art and Play
- Art Therapy with Children and Teens
Please email me for rates for; workshops, presentations, school events, social events, seminars, in-home visits, school observations and participation in IEP meeting’s.
Please contact me for more information.
Out Of Network Providers
I am an “out of network” provider for all behavioral health plans. Always call your insurance provider to determine coverage for out-of-network providers.
Most of my clients choose not to use their insurance for counseling as they prefer the choice, control, and confidentiality of a premium counseling service that is not under contract with managed care. If you choose to use your insurance, please note that a mental health diagnosis is necessary on the form for reimbursement. I can provide you with a receipt that you can submit to your plan for out-of-network reimbursement. This is provided monthly for any sessions occurring over the month but can be requested more or less frequently. You are responsible for thoroughly checking your benefits and what percentage of the fee, if any, you may be reimbursed by your plan.
I will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of this important decision as it applies to your particular circumstances during your first visit.
If requested, I will provide a Superbill which contains all the required information you will need to file a claim and receive reimbursement. You are expected to pay the full fee at each session, and your insurance plan will reimburse you directly. Please note, the Superbill will indicate a diagnosis. I will be happy to discuss the diagnosis with you at the time of your first session.
Several of the services I offer are not covered by insurance. These include:
- Fees for missed appointments or late cancellations.
- Costs of assessment instruments (used to assess ADHD, childhood depression and/or anxiety)
- Reports or other correspondence
- Time spent outside the office (school meetings, court, etc.)
- Telephone or email consultations.
If you have a question about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.
Cash, check, HSA, FSA and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
I have something called a “No-Cancellation Policy”. This means your designated hour is your financial responsibility; therefore, you agree to pay for your appointment, for the duration of our therapeutic arrangement, regardless of whether you choose to come.
You can “make up” for canceled appointments within the week before, during, or after the date of your absence, if our schedules align. I will make every effort to find a time for you, however I cannot guarantee that there will always be a time available that works with your schedule.
You are allotted one “free” cancellation per year for each time that you attend per week. (For example, if you attend therapy once per week, you are given one “free” cancellation for the year.)
To reschedule your session, you must give 24-hour’s notice, otherwise you are responsible for your fee, and I cannot reschedule the canceled appointment. If you cancel your appointment, you will be charged by end of the day of the canceled appointment.
Questions? Please contact me for further information or to request an appointment.
- Please call 911 if you are in danger or experiencing a life threatening emergency. Emergency services are available on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week basis for people having a psychiatric crisis, a mental health crisis, or emergency. A directory of mental health crisis phone numbers in Minnesota http://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/adults/health-care/mental-health/resources/crisis-contacts.jsp lists all crisis providers by county.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 Hours) http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
If You Are In Crisis Please Call: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
- The Trevor Project (National 24 Hour Suicide Hotline for Gay/Lesbian or Questioning Teens) 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386)
The following links are provided to offer additional assistance as it relates to mental health.
- Minnesota Board of Behavior Health and Therapy http://mn.gov/boards/behavioral-health/
- Minnesota Board of Psychology http://mn.gov/boards/psychology/
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid http://mylegalaid.org/
Education, advocacy and support
- Consumer Survivor Network Minnesota (CSN) http://www.mhcsn.net/
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota http://www.mentalhealthmn.org/
- NAMI-MN (National Alliance on Mental Illness: Minnesota Chapter) http://www.namihelps.org/
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SA/VE) http://www.save.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=1
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=home
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) http://www.nami.org/
- National Empowerment Center http://www.power2u.org/
This page contains referrals related to crisis issues such as domestic violence, suicide and child abuse. Other topics include low-cost counseling services, substance abuse and recovery, lesbian & gay services and parenting. Erin McKeen and www.erinmckeen.com are not responsible for the content of the above listed sites. www.erinmckeen.com does not accept paid advertising of any kind. However, clicking on any of the above listed links may lead you to sites which do accept paid advertising and collect your personal information.