Details about Fees, Insurance, and Payment options for therapy
I provide therapy to children, teenagers, adults, families and couples, using a variety of psychodynamic approaches depending on my clients needs. Therapeutic services are delivered in person, over the phone or by tele-session via Skype or FaceTime in 45-90 minute sessions. I offer in-home observations, attend school meetings and provide case management.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Individual Adult Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Parenting Support
- Online therapy, also known as e-therapy, e-counseling, tele-therapy or cyber-counselingPrimary tools for communicating in online therapy include:
- Instant Messaging (IM)
- Real-Time Chat
- Internet Phone
I specialize in the treatment of:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Managing Emotions
- Personal Growth
- Building Confidence
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Childhood Developmental Disorders
- Childhood Attachment Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Severe Emotional Disturbances
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Separation Anxiety
- Affective (mood) Disorders
Workshops, Presentations, Seminars
I hold public speaking engagements and workshops that creatively address various aspects of relationships. I am passionate about the issues of Marriage & Family as well as adolescent; couples and individuals helping them heal the past and move forward with meaning, passion and purpose in life.
The Following Workshops include but are not limited to:
- School Events
- The Importance of Connection in Education
- An Art Therapy Approach to Healing
- Positive Discipline and Parenting Without Power Struggles
- Building Self Confidence and Self-Esteem with Children/Teens
- Enhancing Social, Emotional & Academic Performance
- Social Events
A less formal, fun approach to team building, fundraisers, auctions, parent-education events and small groups.
- The Power of Connection Paint and Sip
- Art Experiential Workshop. The Healing Power of the Creative Process
- Inner Work. Art Expression and Meditation/Mindfulness Practice.
- Awaken Your Inner Child. The Value of Art and Play
- Art Therapy with Children and Teens
Rates and Insurance
Please call for rates. In-home visits, school observations and participation in IEP meeting’s available.
Please contact me for more information.
Our office accepts many insurance plans, including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medical Assistance (MA)
Mn Healthcare Programs (MHCP)
United Behavioral Health
For the first appointment, please arrive early, bring your insurance card and your photo id.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits for Erin McKeen LMFT at Phoenix Mental Health?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not given sufficient advance notice, you will be required to pay a $95 late cancellation fee.
Several of the services I offer are not covered by insurance. These include:
- Fees for missed appointments or late cancellations.
- Costs of assessment instruments (used to assess ADHD, childhood depression and/or anxiety, and social problems in children).
- Reports or other correspondence
- Time spent outside the office (school meetings, home visits, court, etc.).
- Telephone or email consultations.
Request a therapy appointment online here and search for Erin McKeen.
Questions? Please contact me for further information. If you have a question about your coverage, please contact your insurance provider.
- Please call 911 if you are in danger or experiencing a life threatening emergency. Emergency services are available on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week basis for people having a psychiatric crisis, a mental health crisis, or emergency. A directory of mental health crisis phone numbers in Minnesota http://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/adults/health-care/mental-health/resources/crisis-contacts.jsp lists all crisis providers by county.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 Hours) http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
If You Are In Crisis Please Call: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
- The Trevor Project (National 24 Hour Suicide Hotline for Gay/Lesbian or Questioning Teens)
The following links are provided to offer additional assistance as it relates to mental health.
- Minnesota Board of Behavior Health and Therapy http://mn.gov/boards/behavioral-health/
- Minnesota Board of Psychology http://mn.gov/boards/psychology/
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid http://mylegalaid.org/
- Minnesota Office of Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities http://mn.gov/omhdd/
Education, advocacy and support
- Consumer Survivor Network Minnesota (CSN) http://www.mhcsn.net/
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota http://www.mentalhealthmn.org/
- NAMI-MN (National Alliance on Mental Illness: Minnesota Chapter) http://www.namihelps.org/
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SA/VE) http://www.save.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=1
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=home
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) http://www.nami.org/
- National Empowerment Center http://www.power2u.org/
- Mental Health America (Formerly known as National Mental Health Association) http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) https://www.cms.gov/
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) http://www.hhs.gov/
This page contains referrals related to crisis issues such as domestic violence, suicide and child abuse. Other topics include low-cost counseling services, substance abuse and recovery, lesbian & gay services and parenting. Erin McKeen and www.erinmckeen.com are not responsible for the content of the above listed sites. www.erinmckeen.com does not accept paid advertising of any kind. However, clicking on any of the above listed links may lead you to sites which do accept paid advertising and collect your personal information.